Friday, February 20, 2015

Meddlings: Slur

Hello everybody!
I have some exciting technical news with the blog interface!
So if you haven't noticed, at the top of the page there is now a black bar running along the length of the screen, much like a slur running over the top of a musical phrase. This bar is a playlist that I will be continually updating. It will basically play all the songs that I have recorded thus far, so you can listen to them across pages without interruption, without having to change videos, and without having to scroll through my pages to find the YouTube videos.

The site I used to create this playlist is called Playlist.me, and you can basically input YouTube and Mp3 links or SoundCloud tracks on the Set-Up Wizard, choose a skin, and it will give you the HTML code for the playlist. Then, you can copy and paste the code into your blog's HTML code. This works for just about any personalized website or page that you can edit the HTML code for.

I think that it's a really cool feature, and I plan to keep my playlist updated with my latest recordings. Hope you all enjoy!

- Josh

Note (Pun intended): This playlist appears to not work when accessing the blog on a mobile device. To utilize the playlist, you must be on a "full sized" computer.

1 comment:

  1. That's really clever, and the fact that it works so well with your topic is awesome!

    ReplyDelete